We've got great things planned for VEGAS Pro – and we're sure you have too. That's why we have developed VEGAS Pro 14 to make it as intuitive as possible in terms of operation and have optimized it to work on all standard professional systems. For optimal performance, we recommend the following minimum system requirements.
- Operating system: Microsoft® Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: 2 GHz (multicore or multiprocessor recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D; 8 cores recommended for 4K)
- RAM: 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K)
- Hard drive space: 500 MB hard drive space for program installation; Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed multi-disk RAID for 4K media
- Graphics card: Supported NVIDIA®, AMD/ATI® or Intel® GPU with at least 512 MB of memory (1 GB recommended for 4K and GPU-accelerated video processing)
- Internet connection: Required for registering and validating the program, as well as for some program functions. Program requires one-time registration.
Requires a CUDA-enabled graphics card and driver 270.xx or later.
GeForce GPUs: GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 297.03 later).
Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 297.03 or later).
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU.
If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.
Radeon HD 7xxx or higher recommended for native 4K editing.
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU (such as HD Graphics 4000 or higher).
4K XAVC S, 4K XAVC, XDCAM EX, XDCAM Optical, DV, HDV, AVCHD, NXCAM, MOV, MP4, WMV, MPEG-1/2/4, H.264/AVC, WAV, FLAC, AAC, MP3, OGG, WMA, Surround Sound/5.1, BMP, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, OpenEXR-, DPX- and WDP image sequences
DVD, Blu-ray Disc, AVCHD Disc, (DV-)AVI, MJPEG, MXF, MOV, WMV, XAVC, XAVC S, MPEG-1/2/4, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, WAV, MP3, BMP, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, OpenEXR- , DPX- and WDP image sequences
Supported DVD recordable drives
VEGAS DVD Architect software has been tested with a wide range of drives and should work with most DVD and BD recordable drives.
To test DVD burning with your system, you can download the VEGAS DVD Architect demo and the sample project for burning. This is available on the download page. From the File menu, choose Make DVD, click the Burn button, and browse to the prepared project folder.
|DVD-R DL (aka DVD-R9)||8.5 GB||Dual Layer DVD-R|
|DVD-R||4.7 GB||Highly compatible with drives and standalone players|
|DVD-RW||4.7 GB||Rewritable DVD-R|
|DVD+R||4.7 GB||Philips, Sony, HP, Dell, Ricoh, Yamaha|
|DVD+R DL (aka DVD+R9)||8.5 GB||Dual Layer DVD+R|
|DWD-RW||4.7 GB||Rewritable DVD+R (Writable ~1,000 times)|
|BD-R||25 & 50 GB||Write-once recordable media|
|BD-RE||25 & 50 GB||Rewritable media|