- Microsoft® Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (64-bit)
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D; 8 cores recommended for 4K)
- 1 GB drive space for program installation
- SSD or high-speed multi-disk RAID for 4K media
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K)
- OHCI-compatible IEEE-1394DV card (for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape)
- USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD-recordable drive (for DVD burning only)
- Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc burning only)
- GPU-accelerated video processing and rendering requires an OpenCL™-supported NVIDIA®, AMD/ATI™, or Intel® GPU with 512MB memory; 1 GB for 4K.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
Internet connection: Required for registering and validating the program, as well as for some program functions.
Program requires one-time registration.