Mocha Pro is the world renowned software for planar tracking, rotoscoping, object removal, stabilization, and mesh tracking. Essential to VFX and post-production, Mocha has been recognized with prestigious Academy and Emmy Awards for its contribution to the film and television industry. Boris FX is proudly celebrating the 20 year anniversary of innovative planar tracking technology with the version 2022.
- Apple M1 boosts speeds on new Mac hardware
- Adobe MFR Support - AE Multi-Frame Rendering
- VFX Platform 2021 with improved color management
- Insert with PowerMesh: Improved workflow for warped surface compositing
- New Planar Tracking Features deliver the highest quality tracking and roto results
- New Exports for Nuke, Silhouette, Alembic, and Mistika.
The improved Insert Module features warped surface compositing driven by PowerMesh tracking for a new streamlined workflow.
Now mesh tracking can be rendered with motion blur! New workflow brings tracked insert compositing to editing hosts like Premiere, VEGAS, and Media Composer. Finish simple match moves in one AE effect without precomps!
Includes 12 new blend modes, improved render quality, motion blur, and new Grid Warp interface to bend/distort source elements.
- New! RGB channel tracking and RGB viewer controls
- New! Multi-link layers and link mesh tracking to existing planar track layers
- Improved! Quick Stabilize in viewer by layer for improved roto workflow
- Improved! Dopesheet for keyframe editing, sliding and navigation
- Improved roto exports for Nuke and Silhouette with split track and spline keyframes
- New Exports! PowerMesh to Nuke Tracker and PowerMesh to Alembic transforms.
Rock solid planar tracking is at the heart of all Mocha Pro modules. VFX artists turn to Mocha for its ease of use and reliability when faced with the most difficult shots.
Mocha is versatile, so use it the way you want...as a standalone application, or as a plugin in your favorite host.
Mocha Pro can export tracking, roto shapes, lens calibration and 3D data in a wide variety of formats, or render to file or back to your host.
PowerMesh enables a powerful sub-planar tracking process for visual effects and rotoscoping. Now Mocha Pro can track warped surfaces and organic objects, making it even more powerful for match moves and digital makeup shots.
PowerMesh is simple to use and faster than most optical flow based techniques.
Render PowerMesh driven inserts as composites or RGBA cutouts.
- Output a Reverse Warp/Stabilized view for advanced paint and VFX tasks.
- Use PowerMesh to to drive roto shapes with less keyframes.
- Export mesh vertices to After Effects Nulls, Nuke tracking, or Alembic for Flame, C4D, and more 3D support.
Mocha’s masking workflow features tracked spline tools to speed up shape creation and reduce manual keyframes. Export or render roto to most popular host applications.
X-Splines and Bezier splines with magnetic edge-snapping assistance and Area Brush tool help create detailed mask shapes — without requiring drawing skills.
PowerMesh warped splines deliver even more accurate results when masking organic moving objects like musculature, skin, fabrics, and more.
Mocha Pro’s integrated plugin option delivers an efficient workflow using the host’s media engine. Launch Mocha Pro from within your favorite hosts:
- Adobe After Effects & Premiere Pro
- Avid Media Composer
- OFX Hosts: Autodesk Flame, Foundry NUKE, Blackmagic Design Fusion, VEGAS Pro, HitFilm, SGO/Mistika, and Boris FX Silhouette.
The plugin can be purchased by host. A multi-host plugin license is included with standalone application and Boris FX Suite.
Remove unwanted elements, wires, rigs, tracking marks, and 360 cameras. Generate clean plates for massive time-savings.
The Remove Module is an amazing alternative to traditional clone techniques for removing objects. It automatically detects temporal clean frames to blend and align pixels with little user input. It's like Content Aware on steroids!
Mega Clean Plates! Beyond object removal, this same technology can also be used to create a large, stitched image out of multiple frames.
Render accurate match moves and screen inserts with realistic motion blur or warped distortions. The Insert Module can now be driven by PowerMesh and has improved compositing with higher quality sub-sampling and blend modes.
Redesigned Grid Warp tool can be used to bend and deform insert elements to match curved and distorted surfaces.
Insert also combines with Lens Module for realistic VFX compositing on lens distorted footage.
The Stabilize Module can lock down camera motion or stabilize based on select tracking layers. Export stabilized tracking data or render a stabilized clip.
With PowerMesh tracking enabled, the Stabilize Module can produce an inverse-warped flattened surface for paint fixes. Original motion is easily propagated back to the original.
For general editing, a smooth option with selectable anchor frames helps reduce high frequency jitters while maintaining original camera motion. Center, scale or crop stabilized footage based on user-driven tracking.
The Lens Module provides a simple and easy-to-use interface to calibrate the distortion introduced by camera lenses. Remove unwanted lens distortion or match it to composite realistically.
Lens Calibration data can also be exported and read into Nuke’s STMap node or other VFX applications.
360/VR: A simplified “Undistort/Distort” workflow makes mono or stereo clean-ups on equirectangular footage easy.
Stereo 3D planar tracking, masking, and object removal workflow.
Mocha supports native stereo 3D and 360/VR stereo formats. This unique workflow uses planar tracking analysis on “both eye views” to reduce manual offsets and tedious keyframe work on stereo 3D rotoscoping, tracking, 3D camera solve, and object removal.
Mocha Pro 2022 is the ultimate companion for stereo 360° projects in Adobe After Effects & Premiere Pro.
Solve 3D match moving capabilities with planar ease.
Unlike feature based camera tracking, Mocha solves the 3D camera based on user-selected planar data. This fast and easy-to-use solution is ideal for set extensions, 3D text, and particle tracking. Additionally the 3D solver can be used to assist other 3D tracking applications on difficult shots with low detail or significant foreground occlusions.
Export to FBX for Flame and Nuke support or install the free AE 3D Track Import plug-in to paste into an After Effects composition.
Award-winning 360° video tools for tracking and masking, horizon stabilization, Camera and Object Removal, Nadir Patching, and spherical video post.
A native mono and stereo 360° optimized workflow simplifies spherical video post-production challenges: work across seams with less pre-comps, nesting or rendering.
Need 360 editing plug-ins for Avid, Adobe or OFX? Check out the Continuum VR Unit
- Operating system:
- macOS: 10.14 or 10.15 on 64-bit Intel or 10.15+ on Apple M1 arm64.
- Windows: Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11 on x64.
- Linux: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7-8, CentOS 7-8, or a compatible distribution on x86_64.
- Recommended Hardware:
- Processor: 3rd-generation Intel Core i7 or equivalent, Apple M1 arm64.
- Memory: 16 GB +
- Disk: high-speed disk array or NVMe SSD
- Graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro K4000 or equivalent
- Monitor: 1920×1080 or higher
- Network: must have an enabled network adapter (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)
- Minimal Requirements:
- Processor: x86-64 or Apple M1 arm64.
- Memory: at least 4 GB
- Graphics card: for GPU tracking, must support OpenCL 1.2, for CPU tracking, OpenGL 2.1 Monitor: minimum resolution 1200×800 pixels
- Network: must have an enabled network adapter (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)